compliments of: Maureen Ehalt
John D. Miller R.E. Services LLC
Cheesy Beef and Green Chile Rice (Print this Recipe)
Here's a super quick skillet meal that's perfect for those evenings when time is at a premium. Serve with a prepackaged salad and a loaf of warm, crusty bread.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Standing Time - 5 minutes
* 1 can (14.5 fluid ounces) beef broth
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 2 cups instant rice
* 1 package (10 ounces) STOUFFER'S frozen Welsh Rarebit, defrosted*
* 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles, drained
* 1 pound ground beef, fully cooked and drained
* 1 can (14.5 ounces) Mexican-style diced tomatoes
* 1/2 cup ketchup
COMBINE broth and onion in medium skillet; bring to a boil. Add rice; cover. Turn off heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
ADD Welsh Rarebit, chiles, beef, tomatoes and ketchup. Cook over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until hot and thickened. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
*DEFROST Welsh Rarebit in microwave on MEDIUM (50%) power for 5 to 6 minutes.
Serving Size: 4
Brought to you by:
|Nepenthe is compliments of:|
|© 2001-2018 Connecting Neighbors® and its licensors. All rights reserved.||About Us | Site Disclaimer | Privacy Pledge | Site Manager|