compliments of: Maureen Ehalt
John D. Miller R.E. Services LLC
Grits and Sausage Bake (Print this Recipe)
Surprise your family with this Southern favorite!
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 75 minutes
Cooling Time - 10 minutes
* 1 package (16 ounces) breakfast sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
* 3 cups water
* 3/4 cup ALBERS Quick Grits
* 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
* 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) CARNATION Evaporated Milk
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
* 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 8-inch-square baking dish.
BRING water to a boil in medium saucepan; slowly stir in grits. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups cheese, evaporated milk, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce; stir until cheese is melted. Add sausage and eggs; stir well. Pour into prepared baking dish.
BAKE for 1 hour. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Season with ground black pepper.
NOTE: Batter can be made the day before; cover and refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
Serving Size: 6
Brought to you by:
|Nepenthe is compliments of:|
|© 2001-2018 Connecting Neighbors® and its licensors. All rights reserved.||About Us | Site Disclaimer | Privacy Pledge | Site Manager|