compliments of: Maureen Ehalt
John D. Miller R.E. Services LLC
Cheesy Tuna and Rice Dish (Print this Recipe)
Why make do with noodles? This tuna casserole with rice is fabulous!
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
* 1/3 cup butter
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 can (12 fl. oz.) CARNATION Evaporated Milk
* 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
* 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 cup instant rice
* 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) whole tomatoes, cut in half, drained
* 2 cans (6 oz. each) tuna packed in water, drained
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
MELT butter in medium saucepan. Add onion; cook for 5 minutes. Blend in flour, salt and ground black pepper. Stir in evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil. Stir in cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese until melted.
COMBINE rice, parsley, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, and tomatoes in 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Top with tuna. Spread cheese sauce over tuna.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are bubbly.
Serving Size: 6
Brought to you by:
|Nepenthe is compliments of:|
|© 2001-2018 Connecting Neighbors® and its licensors. All rights reserved.||About Us | Site Disclaimer | Privacy Pledge | Site Manager|